Thursday 11 October 2012

A MIGHTY HEART ( 55FICTION #8 )

















 

IN THE  DARK  RAINY  NIGHT, HE STOOD ALONE, HUNGRY, COLD & WET.  
ON THE  DESERTED ROAD, WITH A SINKING HEART,  HE CRIED OUT AGAIN.
A LIGHT CAME ON & A DOOR OPENED. 

SHE WALKED TOWARD HIM,  AND WRAPPED A TOWEL AROUND  HIM .

SHE GENTLY PICKED UP THE PUP AND TOOK HIM  INTO HER HOME.




PS: This was inspired  from a programme I saw on TV yesterday evening , about  a kind hearted lady Roxanne Davur who has a shelter/home ,at Karjat (Maharashtra)  for stray/ abandoned  animals , she has 80dogs, a dozen cats a couple of horses, donkeys & a pig. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3hf0EDmuqo

Pic courtesy  google.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely post.. ! I could imagine the rain(The picture helped me imagine the intensity of it :D)and the haplessness of the protagonist - which I dint realise was a pup until you revealed it !

    The lady is indeed doing a commendable job. Such people prove that humanity is existent even in this otherwise cruel world !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The protagonist was revealed in the list line, a tradition that you have been following in your posts ever since you started blogging :-)

    The picture provides a visual tool, a perfect description (as mentioned by Mystic) of the actual circumstance of the poor pup and indeed, it has added a new dimension to your post. Like always, reading your posts have always been a joyful adventure so, please keep churning out such good works...

    P.S.: The lady deserves a special mention and recognition for the works she has been doing these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...those sad little puppy eyes keep dancing in front my eyes!:( I can imagine perfectly every word you wrote here. It's a beautiful post and I'm sorry I couldn't access the link with this slow internet connection, but I can also imagine and see this lovely woman in my mind...and people like her are the reason I haven't completely given up on humanity :)

    Keep writing, Dad!

    ReplyDelete